Often referred to as the cache, the Temporary Internet Files folder contains a kind of travel record of the items you have seen, heard, or downloaded from the Web, including images and Web pages. Typically these items are stored in the Temporary Internet Files folder. All those files stored in your cache take up space, resulting in your computer more time to display a Web page.
From time to time, you may need to clear out the files stored in your cache to free up some space on your computer. This is called clearing the cache.
In order to clear your cache for just the current page you're visiting. Press and hold [Ctrl] on your keyboard, then Press [F5] or click on the Refresh button (square button on the toolbar with opposite-facing arrows).
You can clear all of your temporary internet files by following the instructions below:
- Once your browser is open, click the Tools menu and select Internet Options.
- Make sure the General tab is selected.
- Under "Browsing History" click "Delete"
- In the new window, click "Delete Files" in the Temporary Internet Files section, and then "Yes"
- Once your browser is open, click the Tools menu and select Clear Private Data
- Remove checks from everything except cache. Leave cache checked.
- Click Clear Private Data Now